Thursday, February 02, 2006

Groundhog's Day

Every morning brings the same series of events in the same order and it all leads to work, a place that you need to be in order to survive unless you're one of those people who were born rich, then you just get up and your servants take care of all that crap. I suppose it's no different for them--the boredom and repetition--but at least they don't have to go sell their precious hours on Earth to the highest bidder in order to afford rent, utilities and the occasional concert. I suppose at some point in human history, the ability to perform mindless, reptitious ritual was necessary to survival, and I suppose many people see a predictable life as a source of stability and security. But I've never been one of them. Maybe I'll buy a copy of "Groundhog's Day" starring Bill Murray today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home